A Glimpse On GATE 2017 Examination
Duration and examination type
Eligibility to take GATE
The following are eligible to take GATE
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated master’s degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
Useful links for GATE 2017 exam:
- Gate syllabus for all branches 2017
- Gate exam reference books for CSE/IT
- Gate exam reference books for ECE
- Gate exam reference books for EEE
- Gate exam previous papers ECE
- Engineering Maths notes useful for al branches
At present, GATE is conducted in the following 23 disciplines. A candidate can select any one of these.
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
GATE 2017 examination will be conducted by IIT Roorkee. Gate 2017 exam date is not out so far but is expected to be released in the month of July or August. And all the details, updates, syllabus, exam pattern notifications will be released soon. Stay tuned to Gate 2017 Exam portal. Visit Gate2017exam.com for latest info about Gate ( Better bookmark the site by “Ctrl+D” for one click notifications.)