Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject in the examination across several years. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (e.g., M.E./M.Tech/ Direct Ph.D.) in centrally funded Indian Institutes of higher education (i.e., Institutes which are provided with financial assistance by MHRD and other Government agencies). The score is also used by some Public and Private Sector Undertakings for employment processes in India. Direct recruitment to Group ‘A’ level posts i.e., Senior Field Officer (SFO Tele), Senior Research Officer (SRO) (Crypto) and SRO (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat is now being done on the basis of GATE scores. Below is the Gate 2017 Online Application form filling procedure.
For GATE 2017, all information related to the candidates will be available in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY. The photograph, signature, thumb impression, qualifying degree certificate, and category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates shall be required to enter the specified number in their identification card of any one of Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee identification or and Driving License. The candidates who do not have any of these identity cards, may please get one of these cards issued before application procedure. Please note that no application form is available for sale anywhere.
For International candidates, ONLY a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recognized identification.
→→→ Look here for All the Gate 2017 Examination dates
Gate 2017 Online Application form filling procedure
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. Details of the application fee are shown below. The application fee is non-refundable.
Details of application fee for GATE 2017
|Women candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs. 750|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500|
|GATE International candidates||US Dollars 50|
* PwD means a person who is physically challenged.
For International candidates, there is no need to attach PwD (person with disability) certificate and category (SC/ST) is NOT APPLICABLE. The examination fee is uniform for all (US Dollars 50)
GATE 2017 application fee payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface you can,
1. Apply for the examination online.
2. Upload photograph, signature, thumb impression and other relevant documents such as, graduation certificate, category certificate (wherever applicable) etc.
3. Pay the application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
4. Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
5. Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries/problems.
6. Download Admit Card.
7. View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface uses your GOAPS password. Keep your password information safe, secure and confidential. The application procedure remains same for International candidates.
The international candidates must have a passport for making application.
Filling in Application Online
1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web address
It can also be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2017 Organizing Institute. Candidates are discouraged from making application through a third person. If somebody else is making the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted is absolutely correct. It has been revealed by some candidates with wrong information in their application that their application was done from a computer café owner etc. or by an acquaintance/friend, who did not have proper and sufficient information about the details of the candidates. Hence, we strongly discourage such practice in application making.
2. Registration: A candidate must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All communication from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number or mobile number of a close relation or friend who is in regular touch with you, because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS. The international candidates shall be contacted only through email address. However, mobile number information shall be used only when the GATE 2017 Organizing Institute tries to pass some important information through mobile phone. GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment
GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged that the password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate.
4. Data Requirement for Filling Application: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.).
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
c) Eligibility degree details
d) College address, PIN code of college,
e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified.
h) High quality image of your thumb impression confirming to the requirements specified.
i) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates) in pdf format.
j) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
k) Details of the valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
l) Your net-banking details.
5. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS is also available.
6. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
7. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
8. For online payment follow the instructions given for payment options.
9. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOAPS portal to retrieve them.
Useful Links for Gate 2017 Exam:
You can follow this site for all the latest Gate 2017 books, materials, updates, tips etc.
If you have any doubts regarding the online form filling procedure visit Gate 2017 official website: Link
With one click you can share this Gate 2017 Online application filling procedure with your friends. Stay tuned to receive Gate 2017 updates @gate2017exam.com. ( Book mark the page with Ctrl+D )
Note: The data put here is as mentioned in the Official brochure of the Gate 2017 by the Organizing Institute.