The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Eligibility to take GATE 2018 Exam
The following are eligible to take GATE
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated master’s degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
You can follow this site for all the latest Gate 2017 books, materials, updates, tips etc.
With one click you can share this info with your friends. Stay tuned to receive Gate 2018 updates @gate2017exam.com. (Bookmark the page with Ctrl+D )